Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Do certain cemeteries have size restrictions?
Yes. It’s important to be mindful of this when purchasing cemetery lots if you want a specific type of monument. We can help you find out about any restrictions of the cemetery that you choose.
2. Do you engrave your monuments in house?
Yes. All of the engraving and etchings are done by us so that we have full control of the quality to the highest standard.
3. Is there a difference in the quality or grade of granite used for memorials?
Yes. Inferior granites will hold moisture and stain. They also can have a poor contrast so the engraving won’t show up as well. We only purchase the top grades for all of our memorials.
4. How deep do you cut the lettering and carving into the stone?
We cut all of our sunk letters to the deepest possible depth.
5. How deep are your foundations? Straight sides, no taper in or post holes?
All of our foundations have a minimum depth of 36”. We go 48” deep on larger two-piece monuments. We dig our foundations straight down on all four sides and use a quality grade of ready-mix concrete. Tapering or post holes will give the frost leverage to force the foundation up causing it to become unlevel.
6. Do you use any artificial black spray in the letters and carvings?
We do not use the black or white sprays because in time they will fade or flake off. If engraved properly, sprays of this kind are not necessary.
7. Do you shape carve the designs? What training do you have?
We do shape carve our designs. Shape carving is a relief carving technique that gives the design a three-dimensional look that shadows and enhances the look of the design. We have been trained at a special vocational institute and have done this type of carving for many years.
8. Do you do personalized designs? Is there an additional cost for that?
We do a lot of personalized designs and encourage our customers to consider it. Most are included in the cost of the memorial. The exceptions to that are the laser etchings and larger scenes we create.
9. Do you fully warranty the memorial?
Yes. All of our memorials are fully warranted.